-
November 21st, 2005, 10:47 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi,
Could some one tell me what the correct cone number should be for the 416-8C?
The one?s I have now are 1803035400-01 and I cannot find any reference to this number.
I have seen this number before on other altecs on ebay.
Are these Altec numbers or aftermarket?
Are the correct for the 416-8C?
-
November 21st, 2005, 11:57 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
HI THe 416 8c is a 16" ferrite Woofer.
I only have 416 A 16" and 416 z 16" cone numbers.
I can't figure out if the Z is ferite or allnico.
Maybe someone else has a clue.
......................................
-
November 21st, 2005, 11:58 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Mine has 21104-4 on both drivers.
-
November 22nd, 2005, 12:31 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
The 416 z 16" comp. has 23882 for cone no.
.....................................
-
November 22nd, 2005, 01:20 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I'll quote B Fish :It's been my (limited) experience, that Bill prefers to do jig setup for his kits (likely for this very reason), but will sell loose pieces if you request. Keep in mind, a mistaken model # on ANYONES part means a wrong kit. THE BEST way is to just send em to Bill in the first place. It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny. When they've got that baby in their hands, mistaken model #s don't happen.
The Great Plains Audio List the 416 8-c with the following cone model: R_416 8
...................................
-
November 22nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I think your cone numbers (035400) are factory recones, that same cone was used on 416, 515, and 604's that I have, all were reconed. None of my original-cone woofers have that number, only the recones. In my past experiences, the 035400 was available from Electrovoice, and most likely originated from Bill over at Great Plains Audio. The 035400 looks blue when photographed, it's a great cone IMHO. Dave.
-
November 22nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Thanks for all the replies. I believe Dave is correct and my guess is these are altec replacement cone numbers.
Dave, Thanks for the encouragement that these are great cones. Makes me feel better..
Sure would like more confirmation regarding theses numbers?George
-
November 29th, 2005, 05:07 AM
#8
Inactive Member
In '75, all 8 ohm 416s (A, B, and 8Z) used a 23883, but since the C was a magnet change, it might have been different, likely the 21104-4, as on Herminio's. Bill's current 416 cones read GPA34500, so Dave's assumption may be right.
The cones for 416s are signifigantly different from the 515/604, so if you've got the same cone in all 3, Dave, something's amiss, though not necessarily bad.
-
November 29th, 2005, 05:41 PM
#9
Inactive Member
"Bill's current 416 cones read GPA34500"
Correction-GPA35400
-
November 30th, 2005, 01:06 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Bfish, that 035400 was in a reconed 604-8K, the cone is out and that 604 is just a paperweight for now until a mate is found for it, Dave.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks